Monday, February 11, 2013

February BirchBox

Hello my lovely readers! It is time to show what came in my February BirchBox! :)

Red Carpet Ready was this month's box theme! "In honor of all the nominees and winners...we've put together an assortment of products worthy of the red carpet." Also included was a card featuring BirchBox Secret Weapons - favorites of makeup artists. Dermablend Professional Smooth Indulgence Concealer, Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20, Youngblood Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder, beautyblender double, and Lancome LA Base Pro Makeup Primer.

Onto the box :)

Curly Hair Solutions - Tweek
Sample Size: 30 ml / 1 oz

Curls tend to disintegrate fairly fast. Styling products for straight hair do little to help. Enter Curly Hair Solution's Tweek, the first-ever hairspray in a cream form for curly hair. Featuring the ideal pH balance, it redefines everything from loose waves to tight ringlets, adding volume and shine, as well as a light, fresh scent, without stickiness or weight. It allows you to fine tune ringlets with this water-based styling cream. The alcohol- and silicone-free formula repairs split ends and has a non-sticky finish. Tweek's all-natural ingredients combat flatness, styling snafus, and flyaways. Use Tweek whenever dry curls need some added definition.

I haven't had a chance to test this out yet, but am excited to give it a try on my hair. I have wavy hair and like having the natural wave and curl show at times :)
Buy Now...
BirchBox $18.50 for 100 ml
Curly Hair Solutions: $18.50 for 3.38 oz/100 ml; $33 for 8 oz/240 ml
Amazon $18.29 for 3.38 oz
Amazon $32.62 for 8 oz


FusionBeauty - LashFusion XL
Sample Size: 0.28 oz / 8 g
Color: Black

This is a high-tech volumizing formula from FusionBeauty. The creamy formula glides on easily, and it is full of nutrients to promote thicker, less brittle lashes. The oversized wand is designed to help you thoroughly coat each lash. This jet black mascara doesn't just add fullness to your lashes, it helps them to grow stronger over time!

I really like this mascara. I was impressed with how easily it went on. One of the best things about it - it never clumped up on my lashes like some of the other mascara's I have tried. My lashes are nice and soft with it on too, not stiff and hard feeling like some mascaras make my lashes. I could certainly see myself purchasing a full size of this mascara!
Buy Now...
BirchBox $24 for 0.42 oz
FusionBeauty $24 for 12 g/0.42 oz
Amazon $12.00 for 12 g/0.42 oz


Juicy Couture - Couture La LA
Sample Size: Usual perfume sample size

Created with the fearless free spirit in mind, this brand new scent from Juicy Couture is a punk rock update on the original Juicy Couture. One party fruity, one part tart, and one part floral, it's neither too sweet nor too girly. Bright and zesty mandarin, crisp green apple, and tart red currant notes open up this fragrance, while soft lily of the valley and orange blossom lend it a hint of chic femininity.

The smell of this is wonderful! It is such a fresh, clean smell that isn't too overpowering, it smells like something any female would wear! Doesn't have that "old lady" smell like some perfumes, which is a major plus ;) Every time the smell of it hits my nose I keep smelling different aspects of it. I really love the smell of this perfume! Would be good to wear at any time of day to any place you are going.
Buy Now...
BirchBox $19 for a rollerball style
BirchBox $70 for 1.7 oz
BirchBox $90 for 3.4 oz
Juicy Couture: $19 for rollerball style; $70 for 1.7 oz; $90 for 3.4 oz


My - Multi-purpose Mattifying Moisturizer
Sample Size: 10 ml / 0.3 fl oz

Finding the right dry-touch formula is challenging, but this cream offers the right amount of moisture without any heaviness or residue. After just two weeks of use, a whopping 90% of study participants noticed an improvement in their skin. This moisturizer has a lightweight, non-greasy feel and layers well under makeup. It gets its long-lasting hydrating power from patented anti-aging compounds, as well as pili and moringa oils, two potent natural ingredients.

I used this after my shower which is when I give my face a good washing, which always makes my skin feel really dry and stiff, so I am always happy to get a new moisturizer to try out. I enjoyed this one. It was pretty easy to put on, a little thicker than I expected so I wasn't sure exactly how much to squeeze out to apply to my face. But the results were good - gave my skin moisture again, and didn't leave any yucky feeling to my face, is well absorbed into the skin. And even today my face is still smooth moisturized.
Buy Now...
BirchBox  $68 for 2 fl oz
My $68 for 2 fl / 60 ml


TREAT Extra:
Ghirardelli's Milk Chocolate & Caramel Square
Sample Size: 1 square (0.53 oz / 15.1 g)

The latest BirchBox find - Ghirardelli's melt-in-your-mouth milk chocolate squares willed with velvety caramel. The individually wrapped squares are perfect for snacking and each is just under 75 calories. If you can be convinced to share, they make thoughtful treats for fellow chocolate-lovers. Ghirardelli uses a proprietary blend of cocoa beans, an intense nib roasting process, and an extra-thorough refining process to help ensure the smooth consistency and rich flavor of the chocolate.

One word sums up how I felt about this - YUM!!!! :-D
Buy Now...
BirchBox $4.25 for 5.32 oz
Amazon $26.30 for 6 packs of 5.32 oz bags


So, what did you get in your BirchBox this month? What did you like the best? Was there anything you did not care for? Anything you are tempted to buy a full-size of?

Interested in signing up to get your own BirchBox every month? It is $10 a month for a box full of samples. Visit https://www.birchbox.com?raf=d5pbw and sign up today :)


Enjoy reading my blog posts? Considering following me with Google Friend Connect or subscribe to follow my blog by email :)

No comments:

Post a Comment