Thursday, February 14, 2013

February ipsy Glam Bag

Happy Valentine's Day my fabulous readers! I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating those people and/or animals you love! <3

Here it is, the February ipsy Glam Bag! This month's theme was to Get Red Carpet Ready!
In the bag...

Coastal Scents - Shadow Palette Sample
Sample Color: In The Spotlight - dark goldenrod, sunbeam, golden globe, dark golden olive
Sample Size: 2 g / 0.07 oz
Coastal Scents Shadow Palette Samples are an ideal way to try these highly pigmented, stunning shadows. These miniature-sized samples contain four hand-selected shades by ipsy, making it easy to create a variety of looks. Wear these pressed powders dry or wet for a more intense, dramatic look. Each palette's colors are labeled with the corresponding Hot Pot name, making it easy to repurchase your favorite shadows individually, or in a palette collection like the 252 Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette.

I'm not quite sure what to think of these colors. I might get some use out of the browns, but not too keen on the yellow - as yellow and my skin do not usually look too great together. But I'll give it a try and see how it looks.

Buy It...
Coastal Scents individual shadow's $1.99 for 1.3 g / 0.04 oz


Pixi - Flawless & Poreless
Sample Size: 15 ml / 0.5 fl oz
The Pixi Flawless & Poreless primer creates a beautiful no-shine finish for flawless, long-lasting makeup application. This shine controlling, oil-free primer smooths out fine lines and hydrates while making pores instantly disappear. It is the perfect skin primer for all complexions and all skin types. Here are some of the beneficial ingredients and what they do. Willow Bark gives natural shine control. Salicylic Acid clears and unblocks pores. Shea Butter to nourish the skin. Titanium Dioxide protects the skin's surface. Enantia Chlorantha bark is medicinal and anti-viral.

This went on very nicely onto my skin. I did not put any make up on over it, but you could not tell that I even had it on my face and just touching my face I couldn't feel it either - didn't leave any greasy feeling or anything like that which I liked. And it does help your pores to be less visible, just like they said it would!

Buy It...
Pixi $29 for 30 ml / 1.01 fl oz
Amazon $29


POP Beauty - Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara
Color: Smoky Black
Sample Size: 0.17 oz / 4.8 g
This lash-POP-ing mascara makes lashes plump, long and lusciously flirty! Smudge proof formula adds volume while curling lashes up and out for a look that truly POPs your peepers!

I like this mascara. I am really enjoying wearing mascara now, so am happy to be able to try out these different kinds to see what works well and what doesn't before buying a full size product. The mascara goes on smoothly and easily, and my lashes still feel soft to the touch, not stiff or anything. I had very minimal clumping (though I think it was my error that caused the slight clumping I did have in the couple places) and it looks very nice on my lashes. I even did some things around my eyes after applying it and it didn't run or smudge or anything, which is a plus! They suggest doing 3 layers of the mascara, I, however, only did 1 layer.

Buy It...
POP Beauty $18.50
Amazon $18.50


MicaBeauty - Gel Eyeliner
Color: Black
Define eyes and apply eyeliner like a pro with the MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner! This smooth, highly pigmented gel eyeliner glides over the lid evenly and dries quickly for a long-wearing, smudge-proof finish. Comes in 6 high pigmented shades black, brown, bronze, green, blue, and purple.

I have never used a gel eyeliner before, heck I'm still trying to really figure out how to use a regular eyeliner. I honestly had no clue what this was whenever I opened my bag, so had to head to the website to find out *blush*. I have not used this yet as I need to figure out how to apply it. Yes, I am very inexperienced with eyeliner, the times I've tried it it looks like one of my kids tried to put it on my eyes. If anyone has any suggestions of places online that would be a help in me learning how to properly apply eyeliner, I would love to have you share them! Or if you have tips or could explain the best way to apply it, I would love to read that too :) The sample is a nice, dark black, reminds me of your usual black eyeliner color.

Buy It...
MicaBeauty Cosmetics on sale right now for $30 for 0.18 oz / 5 g
Amazon $10


Lash Card - The Lash Card
Sample Size: 4 lash cards
Apply your mascara perfectly with the Lash Card! Say goodbye to smudging, clumping, and messy mascara application. The Lash Card has two curves on each side that fit a variety of eye shapes, making it easy to get those hard-to-reach lashes. Each Lash Card is individually wrapped for on-the-go application. Ideal for: separating lashes, layering mascara, hard to reach lashes, and bottom lashes. Helps prevent: clumping and smudging. Recommended usage: 1 car per make up session.

I haven't used this yet, but plan to next time I apply mascara, especially next time I apply it to my bottom lashes. Totally forgot to use them when applying the mascara that came in my bag this month - call it distracted mommy :)

Buy It...
Lash Card $6.99 per pack, each pack contains 10 cards
Amazon $7.99 for 10 cards


What did you receive in your ipsy bag this month? What did you like the best? Was there anything you did not care for? Anything you are tempted to buy a full-size of?

Interested in signing up to get your own ipsy glam bag every month? It is $10 a month for a beauty bag of samples. Visit http://ipsy.com and sign up today.


Enjoy reading my blog posts? Consider following me with Google Friend Connect or subscribe to follow my blog by email :)

No comments:

Post a Comment